Retail | Secure Solutions Technology Partners
Local Retail establishments help to drive our economy and provide unique experiences in our local communities. Unfortunately too many local retailers neglect a critical factor in their business success, IT. Unlike large companies with ample IT departments that keep their business solutions running and protected, most small business don’t have the resources and/or know-how to install, integrate, maintain, support and protect their technology. And technology is critical to most retailers, whether point of sale, accounting, phone systems, client records or websites, keeping your systems running, backed up and protected is a major part of your business success.
Keeping your technology and security current in today’s environment can determine how long you stay in business, because over 61% of all cyber-attacks happen to small businesses.
According to a Netwirx 2017 IT Risk Report:
73% of small businesses don't have a separate information security function
88% of small businesses don't use any software for information security governance or risk management
More importantly, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor, when small businesses have a data loss due to a breach or ransomware attack, statics show:
43% never reopen
51% close within two years of the loss
93% are out of business within 5 years
- What is a Virtual Private Network? May 5, 2020
- Working Remotely, Is This the New Normal? April 28, 2020
- What is a zero-day attack and what can you do to protect your business from one? November 1, 2019
- Why password management policies fail for businesses (part 3 of a 3-part series) October 31, 2019
- Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) Can Help (part 2 of a 3-part series) September 6, 2019